I'm excited to share about a new anthology called Seize the Night, and it releases today! It features eight short stories written by some of my writing camp friends.
About the book:
An Anthology Honoring the Birth of the Savior
When Oliver is offered help in the search for his son, will he answer the Voice in the night and the forgiveness extended to him?
A lifetime of inferiority; a mistake with tragic consequences—can anything convince Brett that he isn’t too young for Christmas, after all?
A baking mistake pushes a perfectionist out of her comfort zone.
Sometimes forgiveness takes love, patience, and being stranded in a snowstorm.
A young girl struggles to understand Christmas is all about God walking with us through the darkness and making it bright
Two siblings hurting thousands of miles apart. Will a kindly hero make a way for them to reunite?
A wounded prisoner and a little girl teach us about having a Real Christmas.
During the Christmas of 1945, Lane Mueller just wants to get home but getting from Los Angeles to Amarillo is no easy task when going home is what everyone else wants too.
Featuring various genres sure to please the whole family.
And now for a special announcement from Abigal Harris...
Hey there, I’m so excited to be here! Thank you, Lauren, for having me!
I’m Abigail Kay Harris, one of the co-hosts who thought up the idea for the anthology… Now, Seize the Night was going to be a lone anthology. But, well… I don’t do well stopping at one story about characters I loved creating, nor does M.L. Milligan. So our little idea grew into a series of anthologies featuring stories that are all in line with the theme of each of the anthologies.
Seize the Night’s theme is the birth of our Savior, and Seize the Love follows in the same way, but with a theme of love that honors our Savior. And so, the Seize the World series was created.
But, this anthology won’t come to be without you! So, if you’re an author or writer keep reading to learn how you can submit your story. Or if you’re a reader be sure to share with a favorite author!
About the book:
An Anthology Honoring the Love of the Savior… The second anthology in the Seize the World series.
Focusing on LOVE this anthology will feature stories that have themes of love; sibling, romantic, family love. But most of all, love that honors God with the stories’ portrayals.
Releasing on February 14th, 2023!
- Submissions close January 10th.
- Only five-ten stories will be selected January 15th.
- Each story must be between 3,000 to 5,000 words (unless it is 100% necessary to the story!)
- You can submit more than one story... if you have time, but this is crazy short notice to begin with so, yeah, lol. Only one story per author will be chosen for the anthology.
- Any era or genre - excluding magical fantasy, horror, or anything that just doesn't honor God, otherwise have at it! - is accepted.
- We're looking for good, wholesome Christian stories that are for all ages or at the most 13/16 up - so no icky relationships, or extreme violence. Your story must be God-honoring and portray a plotline that reflects God's love and honors Him!
- You must use at least one prompt in your story.
- Please, no inappropriate behavior and keep it at a rating of around PG13 or something you don't mind a parent or kid siblings reading...